(7 hours approximately, itinerary based on your interests and time available)
Shore excursions to Kāpiti may be available depending on your ship's schedule. Please ask.
A day trip north on State Highway 1 through the Kāpiti Coast offers stunning scenery overlooking Kāpiti Island nature reserve, 40 kms of unspoilt beaches, historic sites, quirky seaside towns and a thriving arts and foodie scene.
We will communicate with you about your interests and tailor your tour to ensure we make the most of your group’s time on the Kāpiti Coast.
Your day can be a mix of enjoying the natural unspoilt beauty of Kāpiti, exploring deserted sandy and rocky beaches, wandering happily amongst the local birds, plus enjoying fabulous art and food experiences at a relaxed pace.
We will pop into some attractions for a quick look and be more leisurely at others.
Driven by your interests, areas north of Wellington we cover can include:
Porirua / Pukerua Bay / Paekākāriki / Waikanae / Ōtaki / Paekākāriki Hill / Pauatahanui Inlet
Adult Full Day
Includes pick up, drop off & refreshments
15% group discount for five or more people (T&Cs)
Some of our favourite Kāpiti highlights include:
- Taste your way around Kāpiti - The warm climate and fertile soils make Kāpiti a great place for artisan food and drink, including exceptional craft beer, local cheeses and ice creams. You can even pick your own fruit in season.
- Visiting Southwards Car Museum, considered the premier privately owned automotive collection in the southern hemisphere, with over 400 cars for viewing.
- Shoppers will love their time spent in Ōtaki's Outlet shops or the 80 shops at Coastlands, one of the first malls in New Zealand, opened in 1969.
- History buffs will enjoy Rangiātea & St Mary's, two historic Ōtaki churches built in the 1850's, and Queen Elizabeth Park in Paekākāriki, home to 15,000 American marines during WWII.
- Bird lovers can visit Ngā Manu Nature reserve (additional costs apply) or the Waikanae Estuary and Scenic Reserve for opportunities to enjoy local birdlife.
Light refreshments are included.
Lunch is at customer cost on the day. We want to be as flexible as possible re meeting your food needs therefore have decided not to include lunch in the cost of the day. We will recommend excellent local food options suited to your group based on where we are when hunger strikes eg fish and chips by the beach or at a local seaside cafe.
No surprises when you book, we pay your booking fees (T&Cs apply)
Points to note
- Start time is negotiable.
- Shore excursion timings are matched to your cruise ship schedule.
- Pick up is from the Allocated Port Pick Up Zone (cruise passengers) or centrally located accommodation. Other locations are possible, please ask.
- Our sightseeing tours include many activities however additional attractions may be available at customer cost on the day.
- Reasonable Terms & Conditions apply to all tours.
uTours offers you:
- A relaxing personal sightseeing tour designed specifically for you and your travelling companions.
- Personal space - our easy to access vehicles provide you with comfortable seats and big windows for outstanding views.
- A friend to show you around – your tour, our home town.
- Peace of mind - comfort stops as required.
- uTours, made for you.
What you can expect on your tour:
- You will be met on time at an agreed location, usually your accommodation.
- We will communicate with you quickly and clearly.
- Your tour will reflect your interests & time requirements.
- You will be driven safely, have fun and be well looked after.
- At the end of the tour, you will have a good sense and feel for the Wellington region.