PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND BEFORE BOOKING
- All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include 15% GST.
- On the booking page, you will be able to view the price in your local currency.
- Prices are on a per person basis.
- Confirmed bookings can be transferred to another day (depending on availability) if uTours is informed up to 24 hours prior to the tour date.
- Tours may be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to the tour date. You will receive a full refund however please note that a NZ$20 processing fee may apply (from our booking system provider).
- If uTours has booked and paid for an attraction on your behalf, then additional cancellation fees may apply.
Covid Health and Safety:
- Your guides are vaccinated. We observe appropriate distancing, masking & cleaning measures to ensure your safety.
- If we (as owner operators) have cold or flu symptoms, we will offer you the option of an alternative guide or day for the tour. If another guide is unavailable, we will reschedule your tour or offer you a full refund.
- To keep everyone safe, we will not transport someone who has cold or flu symptoms. We ask that you inform us if you are unwell so that we can discuss your tour options.
- If your tour needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the booking due to cold or flu symptoms, we will provide a full refund when evidence of a Covid test is provided.
- To provide you with the highest level of online safety, we use Bookit - a travel booking company which offers secure server software (SSL) to encrypt your personal information, including credit card details and name.
- Neither Bookit nor uTours will hold your full credit card details on file.
- To simplify any cancellations and refunds, your payment is held in a non-interest bearing trust account by Bookit until your tour date.
- Any contact details you provide will only be used in relation to your tour or to seek customer feedback.
Travel Insurance: We will do our utmost to ensure you will have a safe and happy tour with us. Sometimes things do go wrong, it is recommended that customers have appropriate travel insurance.
Sixth person travels free: Lowest price fare will be discounted eg if you are travelling with children, their fare will be deducted first.
Please note that due to a quirk in our booking system software, if you are an adults only group of six or more, the discount will be applied when putting in your booking request. If your group of six or more includes children, the discount will be applied manually when we confirm your booking.
Points to note
Reasonable Terms & Conditions apply to all tours
Start times: Negotiable, usually around 9-9.30 start (Half or full day tour). 1-2pm for afternoon tour (Half day only).
Pick-up and drop-off: At your inner-city accommodation or an otherwise negotiated location. If outside the central Wellington area, there may be an extra cost. Please ask.
Light refreshments provided.
Lunch is at customer cost on the day - We want to be as flexible as possible re meeting your food needs therefore have decided not to include lunch in the cost of the day. We will recommend excellent local food options suited to your group based on where we are when hunger strikes eg fish and chips by the beach or fine dining in town.
Transport: We have two vehicles. Our easy to step into van provides you with plenty of space, comfortable seating and big windows for great views. Our electric hybrid SUV enables us to provide groups of up to four with superior comfort and low environmental impact travel.
Please contact us before booking to discuss how we can best meet your needs if you:
- have 7-10 people in your group, we will hire a vehicle which best suits your group.
- have luggage to carry, particularly if you have more than four people in your group.
- want to include a Weta Workshop Tours, as it requires pre-booking. Please note their cancellation policy may differ from ours.
- have children under 10, so that we can better design our itinerary to meet their needs as well.
uTours offers you:
- A relaxing personal sightseeing tour designed specifically for you and your travelling companions.
- Personal space - our easy to step into van provides you with comfortable seats and big windows for outstanding views.
- A friend to show you around – your tour, our home town.
- Peace of mind - comfort stops as required.
- uTours, made for you.
What you can expect on your tour:
- You will be met on time at an agreed location, usually your accommodation.
- We will communicate with you quickly and clearly.
- Your tour will reflect your interests & time requirements.
- You will be driven safely, have fun and be well looked after.
- At the end of the tour, you will have a good sense and feel for the Wellington region.