(3 or 7 hours approximately, itinerary based on your interests and time available. Perfect for shore excursions.)
Wellington has an abundance of things to do and when time is tight it can be difficult to make the decision about what to do and what to leave out.
Let us help you with that decision. We will work with you to ensure you have a memorable day out in Wellington.
'Suzee took the time to find out what we were interested in and what we didn't want to see. Wellington is really beautiful, we saw so much in one day. It was a great use of our time and well worth having a local Wellington resident guide us around for the day.' Jason, Adelaide
We will personalise your tour according to your small group's interests eg shopping, beaches and nature, art galleries, museums, food and café culture, whilst providing a snapshot of what we, as locals, believe to be the best bits of Wellington.
We will define your day together - your time, your tour.
‘Coolest little capital’ Lonely Planet
Driven by your interests, areas we can cover on your guided tour include:
Parliament / Lambton Quay / Courtney Place / Cuba St / Oriental Parade / Wind Turbine / South Coast / Lyall Bay / Scorching Bay / Mt Victoria / Botanic Gardens / Ohario-Wilton Bush
Adult Half Day
Fourth person you book makes your tour private.
Sixth person is free.
A sample itinerary for your Full Day Wellington Highlights tour:
- Depart from your central Wellington accommodation or the Port (shore excursions).
- Enjoy the views & experience the infamous Wellington weather from Mt Victoria or the Wind Turbine.
- Ride the cable car for more fabulous Wellington sights.
- Drive around the rugged South Coast looking for views of the South Island on a clear day.
- Visit Weta Cave to check out Middle Earth.
- Take some quiet time on one of the rocky or sandy beaches around our harbour.
- Discover city lanes and streets for boutique food, coffee and drink delights, especially the locally-made salted caramel biscuits, chocolate and Peanut Butter in Leed St.
- Explore Thorndon, NZ's oldest suburb, with its' funky shops, spectacular Victorian era villas, working men's cottages, Parliament and the Botanical Gardens.
- Light refreshments and activities included.
Children: Our tours are generally designed for adults or children over the age of 10 (approximately). Private tours are more flexible. If you have younger children, please contact us to see how we can assist you.
Lunch is at customer cost on the day. We want to be as flexible as possible re meeting your food needs therefore have decided not to include lunch in the cost of the day. We will recommend excellent local food options suited to your group based on where we are when hunger strikes eg fish and chips by the beach or fine dining in town.
Points to note
- Pick up from your centrally located accommodation. Other locations possible, please ask.
- Start times are negotiable, usually around 9-9.30 start (Half or full day tour). 1-2pm for afternoon tour.
- Shore excursion timings are matched to your cruise ship schedule. Port pick up and drop offs are available.
- Our sightseeing tours include many activities however additional attractions may be available at customer cost on the day.
- Any attractions requiring pre-booking (to guarantee availability) are identified on the booking page. Additional costs will be added to the standard tour price.
- Reasonable Terms & Conditions apply to all tours.
uTours offers you:
- A relaxing personal sightseeing tour designed specifically for you and your travelling companions.
- Personal space - our easy to step into van provides you with comfortable seats and big windows for outstanding views.
- A friend to show you around – your tour, our home town.
- Peace of mind - comfort stops as required.
- uTours, made for you.
What you can expect on your tour:
- You will be met on time at an agreed location, usually your accommodation.
- We will communicate with you quickly and clearly.
- Your tour will reflect your interests & time requirements.
- You will be driven safely, have fun and be well looked after.
- At the end of the tour, you will have a good sense and feel for the Wellington region.