(3 or 7 hours approximately, itinerary based on your interests and time available
Wellington has an abundance of things to do and when time is tight it can be difficult to make the decision about what to do and what to leave out.
Let us help you with that decision. We will work with you to ensure you have a memorable day out in Wellington.
'Suzee took the time to find out what we were interested in and what we didn't want to see. Wellington is really beautiful, we saw so much in one day. It was a great use of our time and well worth having a local Wellington resident guide us around for the day.' Jason, Adelaide
We will personalise your tour according to your small group's interests eg shopping, beaches and nature, art galleries, museums, food and café culture, whilst providing a snapshot of what we, as locals, believe to be the best bits of Wellington.
We will define your day together - your time, your tour.
‘Coolest little capital’ Lonely Planet
Driven by your interests, areas we can cover on your guided tour include:
Parliament / Lambton Quay / Courtney Place / Cuba St / War Museum / Wind Turbine / South Coast / Lyall Bay / Scorching Bay / Mt Victoria / Botanic Gardens / Ohario-Wilton Bush
Adult Half Day
Fourth person guarantees exclusive tour. Sixth person is free.
Some of our favourite things to do in Wellington City include:
- Enjoying the views & experiencing Wellington weather from Mt Victoria or the Wind Turbine.
- Riding the cable car for more fabulous Wellington sights.
- Driving around the rugged South Coast looking for views of the South Island on a clear day.
- Taking some quiet time on one of the sandy beaches around our harbour, including Oriental Bay, our inner city beach.
- Exploring city lanes and streets for boutique food, coffee and drink delights, especially the salted caramel biscuits, chocolate and Peanut Butter in Leed St.
- Wandering through Thorndon, NZ's oldest suburb, with its' funky shops, spectacular Victorian era villas, working men's cottages, Parliament and the Botanical Gardens.
Points to note
- Start times are negotiable, usually around 9-9.30 start (Half or full day tour). 1-2pm for afternoon tour (Half day only).
- Our sightseeing tours include light refreshments. Lunch and paid attractions are at customer cost on the day - this means you can choose how you spend your day eg fish and chips on the beach or lunch at one of our fabulous cafes.
- Any attractions requiring pre-booking are identified on the booking form with any extra cost added to the standard tour price.
- Reasonable Terms & Conditions apply to all tours.
uTours offers you:
- A relaxing personal sightseeing tour designed specifically for you and your travelling companions (maximum 6 people). uTours, made for you.
- A friend to show you around – make local connections and meet our Wellington. Your tour, our home town.
- Flexibility on the day – be free spirited or more organised. Your tour, your way.
- Comfort - Our easy to step into van provides you with plenty of space, great seats and big windows for outstanding views.
What you can expect on your tour:
- You will be met on time at an agreed location, usually your accommodation.
- We will communicate with you quickly and clearly.
- Your tour will reflect your interests & time requirements.
- You will be driven safely, have fun and be well looked after.
- At the end of the tour, you will have a good sense and feel for the Wellington region.