(3 or 7 hours approximately, itinerary based on your interests and time available. Perfect for shore excursions)
Love the arts, then Wellington is the city for you.
Wellington is the creative capital of New Zealand with many different galleries to visit. Experience some of our spectacular scenery as we travel between galleries around the Wellington area.
On our Arts Tour, you will have the opportunity to tap into the thriving creative Wellington art scene. We will visit spectacular public art galleries, dealer and commercial galleries or local artists based on you and your fellow traveller's interests.
Split your day according to whether you are looking to browse or buy.
Driven by your interests and time, galleries we could visit include:
Dowse Art Museum / New Zealand Portrait Gallery / Museum Hotel / Academy of Fine Arts / Mahara Gallery / Expressions Whirinaki Art / City Gallery / Toi Art at Te Papa / Pātaka Arts & Museum
Or you may prefer to visit galleries where the focus is on artwork for sale. Options include: Solander Gallery / Paige Blackie Gallery / Avid Gallery / Vessel / Kura and Ora Galleries / Alfred Memelink Artspace Gallery
Adult Half Day
Includes pick up, drop off, refreshments & cable car ride
Sixth person travels free
Our favourite Wellington art highlights include:
- Visiting PĀTAKA Art + Museum, a lively hub of arts and culture sitting in the heart of Porirua City, one of the most multi-cultural cities in New Zealand. You will be immersed in contemporary Māori and Pacific Arts, New Zealand, Asian and international arts & culture.
- Exploring community oriented contemporary art and culture at The Dowse Art Museum, in the Hutt Valley. This iconic museum has one of New Zealand's largest and significant public art collections of over 2000 items, including significant ceramic and craft work.
- Checking out the local arts scene to purchase some local arts and gifts for home eg meeting local artist Alfred Memelink at his Petone waterfront gallery. Watch whilst he creates one of his iconic Wellington scenic watercolour paintings then explore the diverse range of NZ affordable art and gifts on display from over 300 local artists.
- New exhibitions are opening all the time - we will let you know what is on.
Children: Our tours are generally designed for adults or children over the age of 10 (approximately). If you have younger children, please contact us to see how we can assist you.
Light refreshments are included.
Lunch is at customer cost on the day. We want to be as flexible as possible re meeting your food needs therefore have decided not to include lunch in the cost of the day. We will recommend excellent local food options suited to your group based on where we are when hunger strikes eg fish and chips by the beach or fine dining in town.
Points to Note
- Pick up from your centrally located accommodation. Other locations possible, please ask.
- Start times are negotiable, usually around 9-9.30 start (Half or full day tour). 1-2pm for afternoon tour.
- Shore excursion timings are matched to your cruise ship schedule. Port pick up and drop offs are available.
- Our sightseeing tours include many activities however additional attractions may be available at customer cost on the day.
- Any attractions requiring pre-booking (to guarantee availability) are identified on the booking page. Additional costs will be added to the standard tour price.
- Reasonable Terms & Conditions apply to all tours.
uTours offers you:
- A relaxing personal sightseeing tour designed specifically for you and your travelling companions.
- Personal space - our easy to access vehicles provide you with comfortable seats and big windows for outstanding views.
- A friend to show you around – your tour, our home town.
- Peace of mind - comfort stops as required.
- uTours, made for you.
What you can expect on your tour:
- You will be met on time at an agreed location, usually your accommodation.
- We will communicate with you quickly and clearly.
- Your tour will reflect your interests & time requirements.
- You will be driven safely, have fun and be well looked after.
- At the end of the tour, you will have a good sense and feel for the Wellington region.